6/08/2008

Final reflection... Let's BLOG

It was really fun creating this blog, even though it's not my first, I've started blogging this year when the last clashes in Beirut started, but that blog only consisted of some thoughts and articles written in extremely emotionally periods, and that's why I chose to start another one for a "homework". However, I did something nice by promoting it through my facebook account (by typing the URL instead of some status), and I had more than a hundred visitors in the few first days. This is an idea of how to promote our blogs by combining technology means, and I wanted to share it with all my friends.
I'd like to talk about my blogging experience, although it's a small one. I really believe blogging becomes addictive, especially when you realize a large number of people are checking it constantly, are providing feedback by comments or even by calling you or sending you an e-mail, and when they start asking you if there is any update in posts.

Concerning this blog, it was a great joy for me creating something that reflects how I think… I am still young to publish some of my articles in a column under my name in a newspaper. My current work is limited by some reviews or reports about books, theater, painters, dancers, photographers… And I like doing it, but there are also some other stuff I liked to share with people, discuss them and know how others think about. My blog made me capable of publishing everything I wanted…
What I liked most is the permanence of the blog. When my articles are published in the newspaper, it's just for one day… People aren't capable of getting back to it when they need, or read it another day if they're busy. On the blog, it's different… They can read it whenever they want (an article about a painter or a photographer isn't limited by time, it is always interesting to read about an exhibition, for interested people, of course, even if it is not still running on).
With the blog, you can combine all kinds of medias, and most importantly, you are not afraid of lack of space or time… you can use as much photos you like (which is the most thing I hate about the newspaper, because I think we are not giving an artist his rights when we publish a whole critical article about his works with one or two photos), upload entire videos, link to the artist's site to provide the reader capacity of discovering some of the previous artist's works and exhibitions.
We can now publish as much as we want, and whatever we want, we don't have to stick to some newspaper's policy, and we don't have to think about censorship. Technology allowed us the biggest opportunity to share our thoughts, beliefs, reflections… let's profit of it… let's BLOG.
A special note to Dr. Sanaa Hammoud: Thank you for this course, it was really nice.

هناك 4 تعليقات:

Professor in Mass of Communication يقول...

Dear Christy

You did a great job , bravo but I wish you to ameliorate some small things
You must send the comment in 3 blog links from your colleagues plus im sure you forget that E-paragraph must count less the 300 words as we write a subtitles to attract the readers .plus a vision brake could be a picture or any thing parallel
did you comment in our blog? a
Good luck
Yours Dr. Hammoud

Professor in Mass of Communication يقول...

سأكتب بالعربي
لا اعلم لماذا تنظيم المقاطع عربية عندك.
المهم لقد قرأت التعليق و اشكرك على الكلمة المؤثرة

Wohnungsräumung يقول...

مدونة مميزة ..
شكراً ع الموضوع .... :)

Wohnungsräumung يقول...

شكرا على الموضوع